This System warranty policy forms the part of the agreement along with the Terms and conditions and quotation.
a. Warranty towards PV System
Solar Harbour offers a 5-year warranty on the whole of the PV System which comprises of your solar power system or the battery system. This means that if any component of your solar power system or battery system which was installed by us or on our behalf fails or breaks within 5 years from the installation date, we will provide a remedy as per the terms and conditions. Solar Harbour also provides a standard minimum retailer’s warranty on the products of the whole PV system. Extended product warranties on panel and inverters are outlined in clause 11.4 and 11.5 of the terms and conditions.
b. Performance and Installation warranty:
Solar Harbour offers a 25-year warranty on the performance and minimum 10 years of panel product warranty depending on the panel chosen by the Customer. Inverter warranty period for 10 years will be provided with respect to the inverter provided with the PV system. Warranty period of 10 years applies to the inverter, provided the Customer choses an inverter that has a 10 year warranty period.
Solar Harbour provides an installation warranty for a period of 10 years from the date of installation and workmanship warranty for 10 years from the date of installation. This means that if the solar power system or battery system installed by us or on our behalf fails or breaks within 10 years from the installation date due to defective performance arising due to installation, we will provide you with a remedy as per the terms and conditions.
System Warranty is transferable by the original purchaser of the solar power system or battery system to any subsequent purchaser buying the premises at which the solar power system or battery system remains installed. However, the change of ownership must be advised to Solar Harbour in writing or through email to the address provided in the contact details in the last section of this document.
3. MAKING A CLAIM ON THE WARRANTY:
If your solar power system or battery system fails or breaks and you believe that this due to a breach of the Components Warranty or the Installation Warranty or an issue with the performance warranty you may be entitled to make a claim against us. The details to make a claim are specified in the complaint handling procedure document supplied with the agreement.
4. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- When your solar power system or battery system is installed, you will be provided with documents from Solar Harbour, which comprises of the relevant manufacturer documents for maintenance routine for your solar power system or battery system and advice on how to monitor their performance.
- you must have complied with all reasonable instructions (whether written or verbal) in relation to the care, repair and use of the solar power system or battery system.
- you must not have misused, neglected, damaged, or modified the solar power system or battery system.
- Only a qualified solar electrician should have worked on (including repairing or altering) the solar power system or battery system at any time. A complaint has to be raised as soon as possible when you have become aware of a fault or problem with your system which can be identified for example, by monitoring your system’s performance in accordance with the documents provided to you at the time of installation or by checking your bill each billing cycle or by checking available online electricity data.
- Any compensation is payable to you is determined based on how much time has elapsed between you becoming aware of the problem and time you contact us to report the same.
If we determine that there has been a breach of the Components Warranty and/or the Installation Warranty but the failure is not a major failure and is capable of being remedied, you must provide us with an opportunity to rectify the problem free of charge within a reasonable time as mentioned in the complaint handling procedure document.
If we determine that there has been a breach of the Components Warranty and/or the Installation Warranty and the failure is a major failure or is not capable of being remedied, you are entitled to:
- Cancel your agreement with us and get a refund; or
- Be paid compensation for the difference in value of the goods and services delivered and what was paid for.
- If we determine that the Components Warranty and/or the Installation Warranty have been breached, we will also pay the substantiated reasonable expenses incurred by you in making your claim.
Our System Warranty does not include:
- repaired breaks or any joins to sensor wire or any damage caused to sensor wire; your existing electrical installation, wiring or fuse box.
- System consumables.
- any malicious damage or abuse or damage caused by vermin, animals or pests, corrosion, oxidization, discolouration by mould, or the like.
- damage caused by ‘Acts of God’, improper voltage or power surges, accidents, or other acts beyond our reasonable control.
- any damage to your property caused by the solar power system or battery system failing or breaking; any alterations to your property which are a necessary consequence of the provision of our services.
- any damage caused by an unskilled, unqualified or inexperienced person working on (including repairing or altering) the solar power system or battery system at any time.
- any damage or loss of any kind that was not reasonably foreseeable or that could not have been expected to result from a failure to comply with the Components Warranty and/or the Installation Warranty.
Our System Warranty is to be construed in accordance with the laws of the state in which the PV system is installed and any disputes will be determined by the exclusive jurisdiction of the respective Courts. Both the parties to exhaust the options mentioned in terms and conditions before proceeding with the Court.
8. CONSUMER GUARANTEES:
All our goods and services also come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law(“ACL”). We note that in addition to the rights and remedies set out in this document, other rights and remedies are available under the ACL.
9. CONTACT DETAILS:
You can reach us on email: email@example.com
Our Address: Unit 7/202 Sunnyholt Road, Kings Park, NSW 2148 and Contact number: 1300 252 090